04 December 2012

Tech Tuesday: Dropbox Saved My Research

This summer, I downloaded Dropbox on my computer. Since then, I have use it to store my research files. I have read many blog posts advocating for Dropbox use amongst genealogists for a variety of reasons, including back-up, portability, and sharing of files.

Occasionally, I would open one of my files from another computer or my iPhone. It is a nice feature, but not one I required. That is, until my computer fell victim to a static shock a few weeks ago. Using my husband's computer for a few days, I was able to log in and download whatever files I needed. When I replaced my computer, the first thing I did was download Dropbox. I logged in and there were all of my files. I was up and running again with no data loss thanks to Dropbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment